Dean Luhrs Glazing was the original name of DLG Aluminium and Glazing and begun trading in 1995. Since its inception, DLG Aluminium and Glazing has undergone huge growth and expansion over the years. DLG Aluminium & Glazing is based around the fundamentals of glass, glazing and good old fashioned hard work and service. The business was easily established for Dean Luhrs as his father, Arthur Luhrs, owned and operated his own glazing business prior. Many of the skills, customer service skills and morals Dean learnt have been utilised at DLG Aluminium and Glazing. The company has changed premises 4 times over the past 21 years which reflects our expansion. From a small garage business, to occupying two different buildings in Calimo street, and finally moving to our current position in the old F.A Stow building on Mate Street. DLG Aluminium and Glazing strive to balance their history and old fashioned skills with new technology and automated systems. Today, DLG Aluminium and Glazing is a large supplier of aluminium windows and doors, glass and various other products for Albury-Wodonga and its surrounds. Supplying aluminium windows and doors for residential projects as well as high end architectural and commercial projects, DLG Aluminium has experience in all sectors of the market.
DLG’s core values are what drive our business and our interactions with everyone we encounter. They are Value, Commitment, and Respect (VCR).
- We VALUE our community, our training, self-improvement, our responsibilities and the finished product that we deliver to our customers.
- Through COMMITMENT we provide a safe workplace for our employees, quality products and professional service.
- and RESPECT is pivotal to DLG in creating teamwork with our staff, customers, suppliers and contractors.
Our staff are pivotal to the success of our company, the DLG’s team consists of over 50 employees that range in age from school leavers to mature aged adults. Their skill levels involve glazing, joinery & metal fabrication. Some of our employees have been the industry for over 40 years, which is shown in the quality and dedication of our work.
DLG Aluminium & Glazing have won a number of awards over the years. An extended thanks goes to all of our employees, builders, suppliers, and architects as this wouldn’t have been possible without them.
- 2006 AWA Design Award – Highly Commended Showroom of the Year
- 2009 AWA Design Awards – Best Use of Windows & Doors Commercial – New Construction: CSU Library
- 2011 AWA Design Awards – Best use of Windows & Doors Residential – New Construction: Force of Nature
- 2014 Australian Glass and Glazing Association – Best Use of Glass in a Commercial Application – Huon Hill